[asapmembers] Reminder, Every Vote Needed: 2022 ASAP Board Election Voting

secretary at areciboscience.org secretary at areciboscience.org
Mon Aug 1 14:12:39 UTC 2022

Dear ASAP member,
	We are pleased to write you regarding the 2022 ASAP Board election.
We put out a call for nominations a few weeks ago, and a number of very
fine candidates have been nominated and agreed to stand for election to
the ASAP Board.

	In Radio Astonomy, the candidates for one three-year term are
		Esteban Araya of Western Illinois University, and
		Thankful Cromartie of Cornell University

	In Planetary Science, the candidates for one three-year term are
		Tracy Becker of the Southwest Research Institute, and
		Robert Frampton, retired from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory

	In Atmospheric Sciences, three Board terms are open and the
	    candidates are
		Paul Bernardt of the University of Alaska
		Jim Breakall of Pennsylvania State University
		Nathan “Chip” Cohen of Fractal Antenna Systems
		Erhan Kudeki of the University of Illinois
		Ian McCrea of the UK Science and Technology Facilities Council
		Julio Urbina of Pennsylvania State University, and
		Juha Vierinen of the University of Tromso
Please find the candidate statements attached below.

	Please click on this link <https://forms.gle/rrTRSPbmxyAZeFRM6> to access the ballot form.
The deadline for voting will be Friday, August 5th.

	Many thanks for your interest and participation in ASAP!

			Best regards.
				The ASAP Board