[asapmembers] ARECIBO LIVES! Please read, comment and SHARE the SPACE.COM OpEd on social media and elsewhere!

secretary at areciboscience.org secretary at areciboscience.org
Fri Nov 18 14:32:58 UTC 2022

Dear ASAP members,
	SPACE.COM just published our latest OpEd entitled
		NSF plans another collapse for Arecibo Observatory <https://www.space.com/arecibo-observatory-national-science-foundation-collapse>
This is just fabulous as space.com has millions and millions of readers.

	PLEASE, read, comment and help get the word out by sharing the OpEd
widely among your friends and colleagues and especially on your own social
media accounts.

	Arecibo lives!  Two years after the collapse, new discoveries are still being
made using data the telescope collected, and research is still being done with
the remaining instruments.  NSF may yet change its mind about rebuilding the
telescope; many other agencies have reversed course on equally important
issues.

	We are building a strong platform for our ALL HANDS meeting on Thurs.,
December 1—the second anniversary of the horrid collapse of the telescope.
Please make sure you have saved the date, 12:00-1:30 ET.  We’ll have updates
on the latest efforts to help NSF come to their senses and more, with breakout
rooms where you can talk with colleagues and strategize together about next
steps.  More information coming soon!

		Upward and Onward!
			ASAP Secretary